- Turn down the thermostat - Maybe keep it colder in the evening when you sleep and open the blinds to let sun in during the day.
- Unplug appliances - Appliances not in use that are plugged in often still use electricity.
- Take cold showers- It is amazing for your health, look it up. It will save on the electric/gas bill too because it is easy to extend a hot/warm shower, but if it is colder, you get out quick!
- Dry your clothes on a line - You can always put them in the dryer on a quick cycle for a few minutes to get the wrinkles out. Also, use BioKleen laundry detergent as it is all natural and saves a ton of money over leading brands and without the harsh chemicals.
- Turn off your lights - Get a timer if you forget to turn off the lights.
- Reset your hot water heater - Set your hot water heater to 120 degrees. This will save on average 10 percent on your electric bill.
- Run full loads of laundry/dishes - Just some common sense reminders.